Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail. First Day Eve!

So tomorrow is the big today! I am prepped and ready to go! I wanted to share with you all what I did today to help anyone who struggles w...

So tomorrow is the big today! I am prepped and ready to go! I wanted to share with you all what I did today to help anyone who struggles with juggling so many things at once.  School, seminar, work, diet, the gym, and a social life is quite the work load, but with proper planning and preparation you will lessen your burden and reap the benefits for sure!

I woke up later than I wanted (8:15) but, yesterday was such a fun day Paddle Boarding and relaxing on the beach that I didn't mind the extra snooze. I went to the gym and did my Total Body workout (post coming soon!). I love doing total body on Sundays because it wakes up all my muscles.

After the gym, I threw in some laundry and I was off to the market. Since I started counting macros this chore has become super simple.  I tend to eat the same/similar meals everyday with slight variations so my list is essentially engraved in my memory.  I cooked up some ground turkey and zoodles and made a salad. (I use cold cut turkey Thursday and Friday because it'll taste like mush by then). I also prepped my morning smoothies. Cut and measure your fruits and protein and store in a ziploc. Just dump the ingredients into the ninja, add some ice and almond milk and BAM. That quick process already got even quicker!  I like to prep my snacks as well. Various protein bars, granola bars, fruit, etc.  I place the components of each day in their own bag so in the morning I simply just transfer all my stuff from the bag to my lunch bag. PRO TIP: Keep in mind to pack extra if you are staying later. When working on a budget, I HATE having to buy food/snacks that I already have at home.

Then, time for my least favorite....clothes. I picked out my wardrobe for the next TWO weeks. Yes, TWO. It sounds crazy but I'll explain the madness. All my laundry was finished and this is the biggest time consumer for me! I'm the type who stares into a closet looking at a ton of clothes and think "I have nothing to wear!" I'm super indecisive unless it consists of leggings and a workout tank. Seriously, after college it's like I forgot how to dress....or how to wear real pants. And when you are 23 but look 15, you really need to put some thought into your outfit choices. Anyway, I planned the next 2 weeks and made sure everything that needed to be, was ironed. (It really helps when you have a fantastic boyfriend who is great at ironing and will do so if you make him lunch :) MUCH appreciated...I loathe ironing).

Then, I outdid myself. I prepped my gym bag for the week. I have my workouts planned anyway, so I put my outfits in my bag.  I'll leave my bag in the car this way no matter where I am, if plans change (I usually meet my BF at the gym) I am ready to go. I also put market bags in there. This way, when I change out of teacher clothes, I just bring the market bag in the house with me, and the bag with the rest of the week's gym clothes stays put in the car. Just one more insane piece of planning....I think I'm genius.

Another PRO TIP: Straighten your hair! I have been blessed with a pretty serious mane...that requires some pretty serious work! To blow dry and straighten my hair to my liking takes at least an hour and a half. However, the up side of this is that my hair lasts awhile without a wash. Give me some dry shampoo and I can get a few days out of a good do (granted that my workouts aren't super sweaty). Anyway, doing this on Sunday, or any night it needs to be done really, saves me SO much time in the morning!!! Give it a try...seriously!

I also managed to change my bedding...something I always do the night before the first day because who doesn't love getting into a bed of fresh crisp sheets? Which leads to probably the most important thing I will do today...

Tonight I will NOT have a panic attack (which I've experience a little dosage of the other night). But, I'll mediate in bed, in the fresh crisp sheets for about 10 minutes. Then, 5 minutes of affirmations and 5 minutes of gratitude journaling and we can call it a night.  This not only clears my mind but lets me drift to sleep with a positive, grateful attitude... because I'm sure we've all had those nights where literally every woe comes to the forefront as soon as we shut our eyes. I will control my thoughts and not let them control my emotions.  Ending your day acknowledging all you are grateful for awakens your spirit to a higher appreciation and overall "feel good" vibe.

Let's cruise into this first week feeling refreshed and ready,  radiating the most positive vibes we can!

What do you all do to prepare for the first week or clear your mind!?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images